[pct-l] RE: Bug Repellent

I tried the Picaridin stuff last night (yard work after sundown).  NO SMELL!
(Fritoes or otherwise) It was hard to believe I was applying bug juice.  I
was particularly impressed by its apparent ability to repel gnats & small
biting flies which we have in abundance (a neighbor breeds, of all things,
YAKS - but I wouldn't trade that for a nice, neat suburban neighborhood
without the flies...).  The small spray bottle to be reasonably priced for a
new product - about $3.50 at Adventure 16.

The real trials for this product, of course, will be against the Sierra
slender-winged butterflies :)

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94

www.pcta.org
Join Now!

Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached its top.  Then
you will know how low it was.
                                                                     Dag
Hammarskjold