[pct-l] when to help

In a case like this, ones makes the best decision and judgement one can
with very limited information.

Old Sierra Club outings guideline (if my memory is correct) is to wait
until mid-morning the next day before launching a search. But since she
was so punctual, etc. I can understand you're being more concerned. Now
we know why she is so single and alone. ;-) Also why wasn't she more
explicit and instructive about exactly where to rendezvous?

When I backpacked alone or almost alone, I left my itinerary with my
neighbor and instructed them that if they hadn't heard from me by one
day after my planned return, to launch the search. I also carried a day
or two of extra food in case I was delayed.