[pct-l] when to help

Let's see if I have this right.....out of the kindness of your hearts,  you
offer to host this stranger in your home, do a running resupply for her, and
knowing no one else has her schedule and would not miss her for possibly a
long time, call SAR when she doesn't appear on time. After all this, she has
the nerve to be upset, not only with your timing, but also with your
reaction to her non-appearance after she's already proven herself to be anal
about being at the right spot at the right time?

INEXCUSABLE on her part. Trail Angels are a blessing, not a birthright.
Fortunately none of the hikers we've hosted or helped over the years were
like her.

Given her supposed prior trail experience, she should have learned that an
infinite number of unexpected trail (and road) conditions can quickly knock
the best laid timing into a cocked hat. I would have told her that since she
has twice made it clear that our efforts on her behalf were grossly
inadequate to her needs, we would immediately cease same, and wish her
better luck from this point on. I would also ask her to inform us ASAP of
the arrangements she makes to pick up her car and other belongings currently
at our house so that someone can be home to hand over the keys to her
representative.

Trail Angeling is like a box of chocolates - you never know what kind of
hiker you're going to get.  That's a large part of where the "Angel" comes
from.

I'd love to know how the Sauffley's or the Pearson's would have handled this
person. They are much more experienced that us.

Wandering Bob