[pct-l] Super Secrets Update and Misc.

Just a few comments on things I have seen on this list.

1.  Update on your Super Secrets.  For #45 Super GORP, add a  little Fiber
One or similar high fiber cereal to the optional  ingredients.  Also, remember
that the breakfast GORP aspect of this  Super Secret assumed you would use milk
for your morning granola.

2.  The High Sierra Trail from Giant Forest in Sequoia NP to Mt.  Whitney is
one of the best backpacking trails in the world (of course I have not  been on
all the hiking trails in the world).  Outstanding.   Rattlesnake and I did it
the first time in 1970 and it is about 75 miles  long.  A great one week
trip.  A High Sierra tent camp, Hamilton Lakes  (scenery that will make you stop
in your tracks and camp), Great Western Divide  climb, beautiful lake camping,
hot springs, PCT, and Mt. Whitney.  Plus  lots of other stuff.  This is the
trip where Rattlesnake and I almost got  killed.  The Indians shot so many
arrows in us that we lost all  our grub and almost starved to death. :-)

3.   I got my new BearVault Solo canister.  I really like  it.  It fits
neatly sideways into my GoLite pack.  Just big enough for  4-days or more of food.
Really a great size.  Very nice.  Of  course, I (with probably many others)
harassed BearVault into coming  out with a smaller bear canister.  I feel good
about helping out the  hiking community.  Now I do not feel so bad about
harassing you with Super  Secrets (of course I never let that bother me anyway).

Your hiking buddy, Switchback
PCT Section Hiker, Est. 1970