From: "JoAnn M. Michael" <jomike@cot.net>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 2:43 PM
Subject: [pct-l] need some help

I leave in two more days for a four day trip in Section O (where it is hot
as hell) and would like some feedback. Is a 30-35 pound pack too heavy a
load for 'running shoes'?  I have a very 'beefed up' pair that feel the best
of all my out door shoes/boots but I am afraid of leg/foot pain due to too
much weight.

No lectures on lowering my pack weight (I have already dropped five pounds)
please.

Thank you,
JoAnn