[pct-l] quincy to burney falls??

In Chester at present so can give some info on 1st part of this.

Leaving Belden trail is pretty brushy for first 10miles on and off. If you
find a lone smartwool sock that was stolen from my pack by the brush, please
carry it out and trash it. It is clean :-)

After that a few little patches of snow but nothing bad (at least from the
perspective of someone who's hiked the whole 'trail' this far!).

Trail easy to follow after the brushy bit. Guidebook gives the impression
its messy but seemed good to us. Couldn't find the halfway sign if it still
exists.

Got a really easy hitch into Chester as Meadow Mary was parked by the trail
looking for hikers :-))

We dumped our axes and crampons at Sierra city and have not regretted the
1lb each since then. Nowhere required them;the snow around Gibraltar was
relatively inconsequential, although I did need to re-engage my brain to
navigate.

We love trail. This is the first part of the hike since Kennedy Meadows
where we've been able to ignore the nav and just follow a trail. It's
wonderful. We're back up to high twenties without anything like the effort
required for high teens in the snow.

Dave & Michele

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger 7.0 today!
http://messenger.msn.co.uk