From: <bighummel@aol.com>
To: <Hiker97@aol.com>; <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Cc: <Rattlesnake5648@Yahoo.com>; <carolwbruno@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2005 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Report on Continual PCT Conditions Idea

> Switch,
>
> Naw, let's just permanently post "trail guardians" every 100 yards and
house them in make-shift shelters at, say, $40,000 each.  Now 2,658 miles
divided by 100 yards equals 886 "trail guardian shelters" times $40,000 is
only $35,440,000 and then their yearly salary of minimum wage would work out
to $119,610,000 per year ($6.75 x 40 hrs/wk x 50 weeks x 886) .  Thus an
endowment of a billion or two would put a total security net all along the
trail and no one would ever get lost again, no one would ever be without
immediate help again and the true, rich, vanilla flavor of the trail could
finally come out!

> Hee, hee!
>
> (tic)
>
> Greg