[pct-l] off topic: gps usage... in France/Spain

All GPS units will give coordinates using the Universal Trans-Mercator (UTM)
system. This system, I believe, is the standard alternative which most maps
display. Even if UTM is not included on the maps you use, most modern units
have an extensive unit changing function. Out of curiosity, I just checked
and the French Lambert system is employed on my Garmin. I'm not sure what
they use in Espana...