[pct-l] July 4th:section O and P?

I respectfully disagree with the two gentleman's response to the Section O and P in reference to snow. From Marshy Lake to area around Siphon Lake is all over 7000' (7230', 7300', 7300' and 7620'etc.)

So, I called the USFS today and spoke with the ranger most familiar with the PCT. He states the person would need good outdoors skills and map skills.  As others have stated, the north facing sides would be an issue. He also states above Man Eaten Lake is potentially very dangerous.  This is above Campbell and Cliff Lakes with an elevation of 7230' and "Until late summer the hiker usually faces a traverse west across a steep snow field..."

One final thing, the USFS employee states about 30 to 40% of the trail will be under snow on the 4th. of July.  If our weather would really warm up,  things could change, but, thus far there is no indication that that will happen.

Just wanted as much information as possible made available.  Have a safe trip.

JoAnn