[pct-l] Current N. Cascades Trail Conditions

Hello all...

I just received a satellite phone call from Terry (now known as Nickel), John and Dawn from Stehekin.

There is VERY LITTLE snow on the trail.  Navigation was very easy.  A few of the passes were a little scary with snow, but were crossed easily by hikers with little or no snow travel experience.  Trail Runners were just fine, gaiters were maybe not even necessary.

On the other hand.... it is VERY COLD at night, down near 20 degrees.

So, for me and my new friends (some I've met, some I haven't) who are starting SOBO tomorrow, this is great news.  I just wanted to pass along the information.

Terri
Seattle

Yahoo! Mail