[pct-l] Walk with your honey

Hey Sarge, welcome home.  I'd echo your comments on Squatch's DVD, and Weather carrot's as well.  Both do so much better than just words to convey how special an experience this is.

I too have been trying to get my girlfriend to understand my "crazy" pasttime of hiking thousands of miles at a go, and the videos have helped.  It's also helped me to get her out on shorter trips, dayhikes at first, but we did a 1 week trip togther last year & will do the same again this year.  I was just hoping that she'd enjoy a week, and understand if I said I wanted to go longer at some point in the future.  But to my delight, she enjoyed it enough that she wants to go with me to hike the 500 mile Washington section next summer.

So, you might be able to do better than just getting her to accept your going, you might be able to share the experience!

Good luck,
Ajax

I received my DVD copy of Scott Herriott's PCT documentary, Walk, in
the mail yesterday.

First off, nice job Scott. You've done an excellent job of conveying
the spirit and camaraderie of PCT thru-hikers.

Also, my girlfriend has been asking me for quite some timed why I'd
want to do a 2650-mile hike. Watching Walk has given her insight into
this "crazy idea" (her words) that I was unable to provide to her
before. Maybe she'll finally get on board with my plan to thru-hike.

Thanks again, Scott.

Sarge

Discover Yahoo!