[pct-l] subject: lots of snow in oregon.

Pea Hicks wrote:

> i know several folks who, later this week, will be flipping up to
> ashland and heading southbound from there... any word on trail
> conditions yet from anyone who has done this?
>
> girl scout

Despite a dry winter earlier, most of Oregon and extreme northern
California are experiencing a fairly normal year, as far as melt-out
date. I do know that the trail sobo from Ashland is not yet clear due to
snow beginning at Mt. Ashland. It usually is not snow free until early
July. Usually, the conditions found in the Siskiyous are faily similar
to those in the Marbles and Trinities. Early July. Once past those, it
should be easier. Does anyone in NoCal have better info?

Judson
Ashland