[pct-l] Options around Sonora Pass

When I did the JMT a few years ago, I left my car down in Lone Pine.
There were some public (free) parking spaces across from the police
station.  We took a bus and hitchhiked up to our starting point, then
hitched out from Whitney Portal at the end of our hike.  It was an easy
hitch; everyone is going that way.

Last summer I heard they had at least three problem bears at Whitney
Portal that were breaking into vehicles.  If you leave your vehicle in
Lone Pine, you avoid the risk of having your car trashed.  Also, you can
skip the side trip on your way to the trail head if you're eager to get
to the starting point.

Have a wonderful hike.

Sarah