[pct-l] Zip Lock Bags

AsABat said: Sounds like a lot of extra weight, bags inside bags, not to
mention the
weight of the ink you write on it."

"Seriously, I no longer use ziplock bags to repackage drink mixes. Instead I
use plastic baggies, squeeze the air out, twist the end, and tie an overhand
knot. To use I just tear off a corner and pour the powder in my water bottle.
Having a ziplock pop open and spill lemonade mix all over your pack
in bear country isn't fun."

AsABat a funny person.  Really, the point is well taken.  I quit using bags
for any powder mixes years ago.  I use small bottles with a screw on cap.  Much
safer from spills, water, and insects.  Yes, the mini containers weigh a
little more than Zip Locks, but the advantages are worth it.  In fact, you can now
get Crystal Light mixes in little individual tube packages.  Very nice.
Those might be okay in Zip Locks, but I would still prefer small hard container.

The Emporium of Gear Knowledge, Switchback  :-)