[BULK] - [pct-l] Water Caches?????????

I think the idea of not relying on a water cache means that you should
always carry your own water, enough to get you to and from known water
sources (spigots, fountains, creeks/rivers/lakes and tanks). BUT if you
pass a cache, then it's a treat and you can sit down a have yourself a
nice long drink before moving on.
Like Donna Smith, I cached my own water (and an oilcan or two!) where I
could along or near the trail. It allowed me to hike lighter and I knew
water would be where I put it. Coincidentally, a few times I did this, I
cached my own water at or near established caches (Scissors and 3rd
Gate). I didn't rely on someone else's cached water and didn't take any
but my own. I usually cached more than I needed and left the unused
water at the established cache site.
Some may disapprove of caching water, but hey! If it makes your hike
more enjoyable, why not? Why impose a hardship on yourself
unnecessarily? For those who know me, know my mantra: "It's ALL about
comfort!"

BTW- I've posted this before but it may be helpful to post again:
There's a ranch just east of 3rd Gate, about 3 miles away that has a
running hose spigot. In an emergency, the 3 mile walk wouldn't be a big
deal to find water. But of course, this Spring, the hills and ravines in
the San Felipes are  flowing with rain runoff... (That still blows my
mind!)

Michael Saenz, Associate Partner
McLarand    Vasquez    Emsiek   &   Partners,   Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e  |  P l a n n i n g  |  I n t e r i o r s
MVE       MVE    Institutional       MVP    International
w  w  w   .   m  v  e   -   a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s   .   c  o m