[pct-l] Water Caches?????????

>> Only by assumption!  It comes from the ultralight/lightweight philosophy
- carry as little weight as possible, and water is heavy...  but the problem
lies in those "so many" confusing "water cache" for a "known reliable water
source" - they are far different entities to you and me... <<

And a very poor assumption I might add! There's no relationship between the
ultralight philosophy and water caches or being unprepared. That's just plan
bunk. When he was still actively writing about hiking, Ray Jardine decried
the few water caches he found traveling through Southern California.

Ultralight hikers generally are no less prepared for water, food or safety
than traditional backpackers. In fact they are likely to be more prepared.
Simply because going ultralight requires a better understanding of yourself,
your gear and the environment you're traveling through.

That doesn't mean that there aren't people showing up at Campo having
purchased ultralight gear and not knowing what they are doing. The same is
true of people carrying traditional gear.

As an ultralight hiker, I've shared my water, food and medical supplies with
traditional backpackers as often as they have with me. Being light doesn't
mean being unprepared!

Fallingwater