[pct-l] visual memory of the trail

I have a question.  I have my screensaver set to randomly select from
1000 or so PCT pictures I've taken from the net over the last five or
six years.  Sometimes as I sit at my desk doing something the
screensaver will click on and I'll lose at least a couple minutes.

I've also hiked a number of sections at least once, many more than
that.  I have a really clear sense of the trail, a birds-eye-view if you
will, in memory.

I'm wondering what you all feel when you repeat a section of trail, or
the whole trail?  When you start the climb up from the San Joaquin River
to Emigrant Meadows, and you've done it twice, what's going through
you?  What does looking at slideshows, over and over, do for you?

I'm just curious about how people deal with repeating and knowing what
is coming...

Thanks...

Jeff Olson (43 days and counting)
Laramie Wyoming (where we have 6" of snow on the ground and it continues
to fall)