[pct-l] First time thru hike

My brother and I have done minimal hiking in our lives.. last year we
decided we would thru-hike the PCT in 05. We will be leaving May16. I have
decided to go as light as possible and will be getting food on the trail as
we go. I have bought and read Yogi's handbook and prepared myself as much as
possible. But nothing compares to experience. I was just looking for some
human input after much reading. Is there anything you guys can tell me..?
Any tips, or support. Maybe even just a 'good-luck'? If you think we're
insane, tell me. If you think it's even remotely plausible for us to finish
the trail, tell me. We have already purchased our bus tickets to San Diego
and scheduled a ride with Bob Reiss (i think a well known trail angel) to
the trailhead. I am just having some first timer jitters. Afraid that people
will scoff at my inexperience and tell my im an idiot for setting such a
high goal with no experience. I feel like i belong in the wild, and
therefore sincerely believe I can accomplish what i've set out for. would
greatly appreciate any input, good or bad. thanks.