[pct-l] New Day Zero and Location Warner Springs??

Someone posted move it to Warner Spring?  I don't know about this and I do
not believe it is better than the present situation..  But here goes.
Here's the brochure.

I live at the lake you can see across the field from Warner Springs.  I
live on a resort. Lake Henshaw Resort.
110 miles up the trail from Mexico.  This may help to thin out hikers.

I've seen our lower campground with 600 plus campers with big car camper
tents, small trailers, RVs and lots of cars.
ADZ campers could fit in a lot more... Maybe 1000 adding a few biffy boxes.
The upper campground will hold 200 or more.  There are no set sites, just
ground.
Both campgrounds have bathrooms with hot showers and a couple more are
located on the resort.
Pool
Jacuzzi
Few washers and dryers.
16 cabins  More accomodations at Warners Ranch
General store that will go out of its way to stock for the hikers.
Big restaurant
Boats
Fishing
Volleyball nets
Horseshoes
A small clubhouse that goes with the deal
There's even a big, but simple, low stage in one corner.

We may be able to get the place for $4.00 per person.(Don't quote me.)  The
people in an RV the same as a hiker.
They do not require full payment a year in advance.  They may only want a
small deposit.  The entire campground can be rented by one organization.

The owners are pro hiker, though not a lot make it over to us.  They loaned
us tables for this year's KickOff.

Downfalls.........12 road miles shuttle from the
trailheads.........................the class of 2003 might camp near my
home.

As far as an overwhelming wave of hikers on Warner Springs?
So far Denise the Postmaster and Lee and Karen at the MiniMart say the big
hoards coming through are no problem at all. And they get the biggest lump.
Just the opposite.  They love the hikers.
That is kind of strange.  They get the biggest concentration and all is
wonderful.  Knock them off the ANTI BIG HOARD list.

To tell you the truth, as a recent and present thru-hiker, I don't want to
see anything happen that would weaken the KickOff.

I have yet to hear the names of 20 supporting businesses, by name, in 10
different towns expressing their opinions.
I can tell you Warner Springs gives the present situation a big thumbs up.
I've named the business and the people's names.

The other group I don't see represented here are the recent hikers who have
attended the ADZ.  They're closest to the next hiker's experience.

The Hiker
and
The Business

Well, all this is just scattered info.
My 2 cents, then another cent over there, and three covered with dust
behind my desk that will stay there until we replace the carpet

Warner Springs Monty

very close by and Lost Valley Camp up near Chihuahua Valley.

> Boy Scouts are funny about letting non scout functions on their property.
Just a thought.

> Donna started a good discussion.  The one word that perhaps caused some
consternation is "boycott".  I don't think that was her intent to create a
negative conotation, just to float a new idea.  Boycotts are usually not
viewed as positive..........