[pct-l] Let's pull it together people...halfway town

That would be Chester California!  It was exactly at the halfway point until they changed the trail mileage this year.  Now, it's a couple miles off of halfway.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 4/26/2005 4:53:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
msaenz@mve-architects.com writes:

> Remedies: (Open for discussion, but possibilities may be:)
> Organized staggering of start dates based upon
> anticipated hiker's mileage/strength/experience.

Ideally, even if you could stagger 10 thru-hikers a day for 30 days they'd
still tend to bunch up in towns.

What's the town Yogi likes near the halfway point? That would be buzzing
with everyone meeting in the middle!

Short of quotas, I don't see any remedy.

Sly