[BULK] - Re: [pct-l] Thoughts on the ADZPCTKO thread

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but,

I don't think changing anything about ADZ will remedy the problems Donna
is trying to address.

I wrote to some earlier that there's a special quality of ADZ being the
first night's destination on a thru-hike. That alone makes the location
and dates of ADZ significant. It would seem that this would outweigh any
perceived disadvantage of ADZ's concentration of thru-hiker effect.

Does anyone have an accurate count of thru-hikers starting out north
from ADZ this year? Hiking out of Morena Res, that is.

By simply raising the awareness of the impacts a large wave of
thru-hikers have on the resources that have been organized and
developed FOR them, wouldn't any particular year's crop of thru-hikers
plan accordingly? I mean, we all pull together to get hikers to and from
ADZ. Can't we expand the effort to help those who stagger their start
dates to attend and get them back on the trail? I can't imagine that the
distances involved are an issue. Even the very earliest start dates
couldn't get to far north to prohibit a shuttle back down to ADZ, right?

Just a thought.

Michael Saenz, Associate Partner
McLarand    Vasquez    Emsiek   &   Partners,   Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e  |  P l a n n i n g  |  I n t e r i o r s
MVE       MVE    Institutional       MVP    International
w  w  w   .   m  v  e   -   a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s   .   c  o m