[pct-l] Mt Everest and the PCT

I find an interesting similarity between the steps taken to ease the
overcrowding on Mt. Everest during the spring season, and the current
discussion on this list re the hiker horde heading north.  The Everest
answer was to "hurry 'em up" by applying more mechanical aides and assists.

<http://www.mounteverest.net/story/EverestNorthStairwaytothesummitApr262005.shtml>

This got me to thinking in a reverse direction.  Would removing the aides
and assists from the PCT (cache's, angels et al) cause a thinning of the herd?

Also, for all you thru hikers of both the left coast and right coast trails,
is the PCT "experience" becoming more like an AT "experience", or is it
remaining unique unto itself?  Is the CDT today, what the PCT was 15 or 20
years ago?

Eckert