[pct-l] Denver Gathering in Winter?

>> DO think that the idea of an earlier, alternate
>>location for a
>>gathering of thru-hikers has merit. I suggest a
>>location somewhere
>>centralized to where most thru-hikers spend their
>>lives off-season. For
>>sake of discussion, let's say Denver. Denver's a hub

HEy..I did the "Rockies Ruck" (with much help from
many in the area!) this past March.

Considering we only spent two months organzing, the
turn out of 16 people was quite nice.

I plan on organzing it again. This time at the
Leadville Hostel (www.leadvillehostel.com). This
hostel is (duh!) in Leadville, CO. They offer shuttle
services, have a large room for slideshows, have
enough room for 60 people or so. Leadville is a "trail
town" for the Colorado Trail/CDT. Will be held in late
February. Suspect, based on interest, will have 25-30
people attend this time.  Do not think there will be
too many long distance hikers wanting to go out in the
Colorado Rockies in late Feb. ;-)

It is NOT a replacement for any of the hiker
Gatherings (be it west or east coast based).  Just a
desire to do something for all of us hikers in the
Rockies region who have to fly to points West or East.

Greg was nice enough to warn me how these informal
get-togethers can mushroom. :D

In any case, I  am not ready for a gathering of 500
people...40-50 may be more doable at this point. :)

--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com