[pct-l] glacier peak PCT

We were at Stehekin on Oct. 11th last year.  Johobe (or Hobo Joe/Joe
Hobo as some
  also called him) left two days ahead of us from Steven's Pass and he
came into Stehekin the evening before we hiked out.  A few other hikers
had been worried about him when we arrived a few days earlier because
they knew he had taken the damaged PCT section and not either re-route.
We didn't talk long with him, but we did ask him how he fared on the
damaged section.  As he had hiked the PCT before, he knew the trail and
thought that the grade would be much easier than the re-route and that
he could figure out a way to make the river crossings.  He told us out
of the 7 crossings, he only got wet on 2 of them and even then only
about mid-calf deep. The Suiattle was definitely one of the wet ones,
not sure about the other and we still don't know how he managed it. He
said he had to look around a little to find a good spot to cross, but
that he generally would see a game trail near the water and follow it.
He didn't elaborate much more than that and, unfortunately, we were
hurrying to get back on the trail (no bus service that late in the
season) and avoid another storm so that was all we learned.  After
talking to him though, we almost wished we  had left with him from
Steven's Pass so we'd have first hand knowledge.  This was our first
backpacking/thru hiking adventure though, so with the weather chasing us
we were playing it safe.  That's all we know....secondhand at that. =)

Start Slow & Taper Off