[pct-l] glacier peak PCT

We were at Stehekin on Oct. 11th last year.  Johobe left a day ahead of
us from Steven's Pass and
he was coming into Stehekin as we were hiking out on that Monday.  A few
other hikers had been
 worried about him when we arrived a few days earlier because they knew
he had taken the
 damaged PCT section and not either re-route.  We didn't talk long with
him, but we did ask him
 how he fared on the damaged section.  As he had hiked the PCT before,
he knew the trail and
 thought that the grade would be much easier and that he'd figure out a
way to make the river
 crossings.  He told us out of the 7 crossings, he only got wet on 2 of
them and even then only about
 mid-calf deep. The Suiattle was definitely one of the wet ones, not
sure about the other and we still
 don't know how he managed it.   He said he had to look around a little
to find a good spot to
 cross, but that he generally would see a game trail near the water and
follow it.  He didn't elaborate
 much more than that and, unfortunately, we were hurrying to get back on
the trail (no bus service
 that late in the season) and avoid another storm so that was all we
learned.  After talking to him
 though, we almost wished we  had left with him from Steven's Pass so
we'd have first hand
 knowledge.  This was our first  backpacking/thru hiking adventure
though, so with the weather
 chasing us we were playing it safe.

Start Slow & Taper Off