[pct-l] Why I Boycotted the ADZPCTKO

Here's a thought.  Hold the PCT KO much earlier.  It can serve as a
reunion for past thru hikers, a gathering for us wannabes and trail
workers and section hikers and angels, and an information session for
prospective thrus for this year, next year... They can learn a lot, then
boxes, etc.  They can network with others and consider partnering up for
a start.
Then everyone picks their own start date and goes for it when they are
ready.
As it is now, the hikers are mostly already on the trail, with gear and
boxes packed, and a lessened opportunity to make changes based on new
things they have learned.
My two cents.
By the way, I had a very good time.  I really appreciated the
opportunity to talk to a ranger and get a fire permit on site.  I
arrived Friday night just as Buzz and Izzy's show began, and I sobbed
all the way thru the scenes from the Sierras, thinking, I hate my life!
I wanna go home!  The Sierras, that is.  I can't believe I've been away
from them for 8 long months, and will have to wait another 3 months to
get back where I belong.
llamalady
Marion Davison