[pct-l] ADZ AS INSPIRATION

Donna didn't say a word about folding up the ADZ.  I took her to mean that
it couldn't hurt to open up a dialog about what options are available/viable
to avoid a hiker train leaving Campo every year on April 23rd.  That ADZ
should fold up was never mentioned.

I don't know what the numbers are, but there were alot more hikers on the
trail in the desert than I expected.  In Wrightwood, the postmasters (two of
them) were overwhelmed.  Im not saying its  huge problem now, but in time it
just may be.  I think there were something like 40-50 hikers at the Saufleys
the 2 days prior to my arrival.  Thats out of  a field of maybe 250-300.
The natural progression is to hike the AT, and if you enjoy it, then the
PCT, CDT, ect...so they're on there way, and I don't think the numbers will
get any smaller.  The AT numbers aren't getting any smaller.

Id loved ADZ 04, had a great time, and Im sorry I missed it this year.  It
was great to meet past, present, and future hikers, and to check out all the
gear, party til it hurts, ect.

What would be the negatives/positives to moving it up trail and 3-4 weeks
later?

Munch