[pct-l] Why I Boycotted the ADZPCTKO . . .

On Apr 25, 2005, at 6:49 PM, Bighummel@aol.com wrote:
> However, the DECISIONS will not be in your hands, rather it will be in
> the hands of the organizers and rightly so.? This is not a democracy.

I didn't say that the decision had to be made by some sort of vote
of attendees.  I said that your words discouraged DISCUSSION from
outside the group of organizers.  And let me just say that if I
had any doubt about your receptiveness to suggestions before, I don't
now.
Jeesh!

No one claimed the event was mandatory yet you felt you had to
*EMPHASIZE* that.
No one claimed that such an event could be arranged last minute, yet
you had
to tell us the event *MUST* be planned a year in advance (in fact this
week).
No one claimed that that *DECISIONS* had to be made by consensus or
vote but
you had to emphasize the fact that it isn't a democracy.
No one claimed that any change should be implemented by 2006.  Maybe it
won't be until 2007 so talking about options now would be better than
later.

I don't understand all the defensiveness and rudeness at the mere
suggestion
that a discussion about the "clumping" effect of the kickoff might be
in order.