[pct-l] best scenario

Dear Sara,

In 2001 we hiked most of Washington and parts of Oregon in July and August.
In some ways this was ideal: no snow on the passes, no dangerous river
crossings. In one way it was not: lots of bugs. Last summer we hiked the JMT
in September. Beatiful weather, up to a snow storm kicked in and no bugs. I
can only tell you that both parts of the PCT were wonderful. You can hike as
slow as we did in 2001 (still with our big packs, instead of 'ultralight')
and do most of Oregon and Washington at about 12 miles a day on average.

Saskia
Www.xs4all.nl/~darudiva (includes trail journal of 2001 and 2004)