[pct-l] Yowee!!!

Actually the "hollowness" came from the original post:
 http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2005-April/021889.html...
"There is a hollowness in a thru-hikers eyes found elsewhere only in the
meditation chambers of religious zealots - a hollowness of unfiltered
emotion reigning supreme for as long and as deeply as it does."

However, I do agree with your assessment...  and up close, I see a greater depth and understanding of a special 'something' in a thru-hiker's eyes than the much more common "hollowness" (or 'emptiness') in passing someone on a city sidewalk...

IMHO, YMMV, HYOH, etc.    Happy trails!!!