[pct-l] PCT near Oregon-Washington border

The PCT in the Columbia River Gorge is not your best trail running bet.
Eagle Creek is geat, but just scratches the surface.

Some suggestions:

Angels Rest: 4.4 miles out and back with 1500 ft elevation gain.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/columbia/trails/trail_415.htm
Maps: USGS Bridal Veil ; USFS Trails of the Columbia River Gorge

Wahkeenah Falls:  4.9 mile loop.  1600 ft elevation gain.
www.fs.fed.us/r6/columbia
Maps: same as Angels Rest

Larch Mountain:  13.5 miles out and back. 3800 feet elevation gain.
www.fs.fed.us/r6/columbia
Maps: USGS Multnomah Falls; Green Trails Bridal Veil; USFS Trails of the
Columbia Gorge

Horsetail-Ponytail-Oneonta-Triple Falls: 6.4 miles out and back. 1140
elevation gain.
Website/Maps: same as Larch Mountain

Deschutes River State Park Loop: 3.7 mile loop with almost no elevation, but
you can go on along the Deschutes for another 14 miles on a rail/trail.
www.oregonstateparks.org/park_37.php
Maps: USGS Emerson & Wishram; Deschutes River State Park Trail map from
Oregon State Parks (800)551-6949

Dog Mountain: 7.1 miles round trip. 2850 elevation gain.  Ultrarunners
frequently run the Quad Dog.  Up and back x 4. Trailhead is on north side of
Washington State Highway 14 at milepost 53. 12 miles east from Bridge of the
Gods. (Lat:45.70005 Lon:-121.70755).
http://www.localhikes.com/Hikes/Dog_Mountain_0000.asp

There's more. Much more. Possiblities are endless. Join NW Ultrarunners
mailing list:
http://www.run2xs.com/mail/index.htm'

Bring your bagpipes.  England Forever and SCOTLAND JUST A WEE BIT LONGER!

Wayne Kraft