[pct-l] Hiker Nick Simon

Hi. I'm hoping someone on this listserv can help me. My boyfriend Nick Simon
is hiking the PCT. He had heard at the kickoff party that there was a lot of
ice on the next portion of his trip, from Warner Springs to Idyllwild. He
wanted me to send him his ice ax to deal with the snow. Weeks ago, he had
told me that Idyllwild was the first place I could mail him something. But I
just noticed that there is also a post office at Anza, which is before
Idyllwild (as you undoubtedly know).

Questions:

1) Any idea whether he would likely need the ax before Idyllwild?

2) A guy he met on the PCT listserve had given him a ride to the Ground Zero
kickoff and, I think, a ride back to Warner Springs. This guy has hiked the
trail in the past. Any idea who this guy might be? I think maybe his name
was Jeff. And if you know who it might be, do you know how to contact him?
Thinking he might have a clue on Nick's plans.

Much thanks.

Miriam Hill