[pct-l] Hyponatremia

Thanks for the clarification.  I didn't mean to imply that you'll never
get hyponatremia doing a 50k or less.  No way.  I just meant to convey
that its not surprising that someone, such as the previous poster,
would not have experienced hyponatremia after having competed in
marathons and 50k's.  **CERTAINLY**, one can still become hyponatremic
in shorter races, its just not as likely.  I beleive that my last email
even contained a story of a friend of mine contracting hyponatremia in
a street marathon, so if you go the idea that I meant to convey its not
possible, that's not what I meant, and I think that story would suggest
as much.

Also, another very important issue is raised with you post: YMMV!!
People are not all the same.  I seem to have been blessed to be made
very tough, more or less.  I abuse my body terribly and it still seems
to perform.  I done all kinds of stupid stuff and have come out okay,
but that doesn't mean everyone will.  You gotta know yourself, know
your body, know your own limits.  Just because you read a story of
someone running or hiking for X hours and they got hyponatremia,
doesn't mean that's the magic number.  Conversely, just because you
read a story about someone who ran/hiked for X+ hours and didn't get
hyponatremia doesn't mean that you are safe as long as you do what they
did.  You gotta HYOH!!

peace,
dude