[pct-l] Fishing on the JMT

>Has anyone had any success packing a fishing line &
>tackle along on the JMT? I'm planning my trip for the
>first week of August, will there still be fish along
>the trail at that point in time? What are the
>regulations for catch & release, limits, bait, etc...?

Early August is usually very good fishing in the Sierra - both streams and lakes.
Many lakes are no longer stocked, however, and the shallower lakes are subject
to winterkill...  Lake fishing is usually best in the evening and very early morning
(if you don't see any rises at those times, the lake
For the regulations, go to <http://www.fgc.ca.gov/html/regs.html>...
For license fees, go to <http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/fishing/sportfishingfees.html>...
For technique, go to <http://www.rockcreeklake.com/fishing/spinfish.htm>...

Happy trails!!! (and fishing!)