[pct-l] in step vs. regular crampons

any thoughts on whether instep or regular crampons would be better for a
flip flop hike this year starting northbound at kickoff?  we just bought cmi
instep crampons (i believe they're steel) for about $35, but also looked at
grivel air light (i think) that were a lot more expensive ($150) but seemed
really nice.  we also have ice axes.  i have no snow/ice hiking experience.
we also would love to do the whole trail northbound if at all possible so
that's a possible consideration in whether to buy instep or regular
crampons.  any thoughts and advice as we do our final shopping trips (yay!)
would be much appreciated.  thanks!