From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Scott
Schaffer
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 11:40 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [BULK] - [pct-l] Thru-hiking PCT w/ dog question

My name is Jim Scotts and I plan on hiking the PCT this year with my dog
Nanook.  I plan on going really ultralight and have found tons of good
info for me, but have not been able to find much info for long distance
hiking for dogs.
My question is what's a good "rule of thumb" for the weight dogs can
carry?  I feel that 25 Lbs would be a conservative start for a Husky of
her size (< 25% of her body weight), but wonder what would be expected
once she gets back in shape.