From: "Scott Schaffer" <scotts451@yahoo.com>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 11:40 AM
Subject: [pct-l] Thru-hiking PCT w/ dog question

> My name is Jim Scotts and I plan on hiking the PCT this year with my dog
Nanook.  I plan on going really ultralight and have found tons of good info
for me, but have not been able to find much info for long distance hiking
for dogs.
> My question is what's a good "rule of thumb" for the weight dogs can
carry?  I feel that 25 Lbs would be a conservative start for a Husky of her
size (< 25% of her body weight), but wonder what would be expected once she
gets back in shape.