[pct-l] Water in So. Cal

I would like some advice from the list...

I have a very light base weight but was figuring I'd need to carry 6-8
liters of water pretty often in So. Cal. so I got a (relatively) big pack to
handle the weight, which I figured would top out at 25-30 pounds. I haven't
looked at the water reports in detail, but it seems like I could get away
with carrying water for 10 mile stretches most of the time. Am I wrong? Can
I bring my frameless pack or should I go with the heavy duty one?

Maury