[BULK] - [pct-l] pack rain cover and pedicure recommendations?

There was someone on The List who offered to custom make silnylon pack
covers. I e-mailed them a while back and the price was surprisingly
reasonable. My pack is sort of odd shaped and I wanted to find a cover
that fit it as tight as possible.

My pack (REI Aconcagua) is advertised as "water resistant". And it does
fairly well in a moderate rain, but I've found wet spots on some of my
gear after hiking a day in the rain. Although the worst was a soggy
magazine I packed because I knew I'd be tent bound after pitching camp.

I actually enjoy hiking in the rain. I take pleasure from getting my
money's worth out of my Marmot Oracle and my old Filson. I get a nagging
worry, however, thinking that my gear inside my pack may get damp. I
hate having to go through damp gear once I crawl into my tent at the end
of the day...

If the person who makes these custom covers is still on the list, I'd
like to get their e-mail address again!

Michael Saenz, Associate Partner
McLarand    Vasquez    Emsiek   &   Partners,   Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e  |  P l a n n i n g  |  I n t e r i o r s
MVE       MVE    Institutional       MVP    International
w  w  w   .   m  v  e   -   a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s   .   c  o m