[pct-l] The 7th ADZPCTKO

The strange aura of the ADZPCTKO;

It was the night before the second ADZPCTKO and I had hurried home from work,
packed my things and all of the supplies that I was bringing down and my two
youngest boys.  We didn't get on the road until late and thus pulled into a
campsite at Lake Morena at about 11:00 PM in the complete dark.

All of the way down I was wondering if this event would really fly, if other
people would buy into the focus of "giving something back", "safety in
numbers", "coordinating the southern terminus transportation and water caching", etc.
 I wondered if the people who had offered help would really come through, if
the friends who had said they would come, would actually take the time and
effort to drive all of the way down there.

I set up a tent and got my two young boys settled down and then went over to
a small camp fire with several people standing around.  I was instantly
greeted by several good friends and comments, "Oh, you're Strider" and big,
gracious, welcoming smiles all around.  My second thoughts melted away and the event
came off without a hitch.  Every year since it has been the same, except the
circle of friends continues to grow and grow.

Come down and enjoy this event, now with about 500 of your good friends,
nevertheless, still a focused, low key, educational, inspirational, and service
oriented event.

A few simple requests from the organizers;

We need ice chests, preferably full of ice, for food and drink storage.

We need a few gas barbecues.

And, of course, we will need all of your help in preparing and serving and
cleaning up the food and running the other events.  Keep your ears open and lend
a hand where needed.

Best regards,

Greg Hummel
"Grand Poobah" ADZPCTKO ;-)