[pct-l] trail at Lake Silverwood from the water tower north about 3 miles

Yesterday I hiked on the PCT at Lake Silverwood (from the entrance to the pct which is even with the water tower), north about 3 miles. The trail is washed out for about 20 feet, and the only thing to grab on to would have been a blackened manzanita (not sure it would hold me and my pack).

I couldn't get through. I was thinking maybe a county road? anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,

Jean "Gray Wolf" Partlow