[pct-l] Possible Answer to Shoelace Question

I'm sorry this is reply is a month late but, someone had asked about the best shoelaces to use for hiking.  Hikers gave helpfull websites about how to tie them but I saw none on brands to try out.  While purchasing my New Balance for the PCT95 I came across the ones I've been testing again. Spenco makes a lace called OVAL SPORT that works great.  They come in different lengths depending shoe eye count and now have several colors too.  The oval shape keeps them in place and they have a tiny ridge along the outer edges of the oval that grips like very weak velcro.  I've put a lot of trail miles on them and they are tough.  I'm going through the second pair of trail shoes with the test shoestrings now.  I found them at GI Joes but should be available at most places that sell Spenco footbeds.

I'm currently testing out the Spenco footbeds made for hikers at 29 bucks.  I like them very much and they seem to fit my 4E feeties better than superfeet.

Rick