[pct-l] Where's Ski Mountaineers Pass

In a message dated 4/4/2005 10:54:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jas8313@adelphia.net writes:

Ski  Mountaineers Pass 13120 ft+ - 0.3 mi ESE of Forester Pass  --  (36-41-33
-- 118-22-09)

Looking at my pictures of Forester Pass, it is clear that there is a
thousand foot scree slope to the east of Forester Pass that should/would/could  be
passable ( no pun intended ).  My pic from the north side shows some  fairly
high angle snow that would have to be negotiated to get back to the  PCT.  The
north slope stays pretty much shaded.  All in all, I would  still choose
Junction Pass for less experienced mountaineers, tho it is two  miles longer than the
PCT... particularly for solo travelers.

I would be willing to share a couple of pictures with anyone interested,  but
I have no way to post them currently and would have to send via email.
Contact me offline if interested.

"No Way" Ray  Echols