[pct-l] VVR or not to VVR?

I was in VVR in 2003 and have been there several times over the  years.  The
people were fine, the service was excellent, the food was  marvelous, the beer
was cold... Yes, it was expensive... ah  well.    On Bear Ridge, I found a
note from a disgruntled  southbounder that railed and ranted and said to avoid
VVR.  I took the  note and later threw it away.  There has been some chatter
about things  being sold out of the hiker box.  I saw no evidence of that... and
even if  it were true I would not be outraged.  I'm certain VVR is not a  mil
lionaire-creating venture.

For the traveler, having just spent a week in the High Sierra, it's a must
as far as I am concerned. YMMV, IMHO and all that stuff.

"No Way" Ray  Echols