[pct-l] Snow from Tahquitz to end of Fuller Ridge. Get yer snowshoes ready.

Tried to get up to the start of Fuller Ridge (Deer Springs) yesterday.  Broke my Komperdell treking poles within the first mile.  Solid snow was met at 6500 (Deer Springs is at 8800).  The rangers told me that of the 2.5 miles of Devil's Slide up from Humber Park, the last 1 mile had snow on it.  Humber Park is at 6400 and the Saddle is at 8000.  I figure snow will be at 7000 or lower there, but up further north where Deer Springs is the snow level is 6600.  What does this all mean?  It means you will have snow for at least 25 miles and not much hope of it melting soon.
Capt Bivy