[pct-l] Belden Update

4/3/05 From Belden up to bucks lake Wilderness. The snow
started about 4500' and was starting to snow lightly around
12PM. at ~6500' the snow was blowing sidways, and 4" of
fresh snow on the ground, except where the wind had blown
it away. There was some icles on one of the rocks that were
curved because the wind was blowing. The iceles were up to
20" long. The snow varied widely from bare ground to 10'+
drifts, depending side of the mountain. I counted 16 downed
trees (8" or larger) from the Belden Trail head to the Buck
Lake saddle (North of the 3 lakes turn off). After coming
off the high saddle, and down the mountain side, the snow
flakes started getting larger. I saw one flake that was a
good inch across. As I went Back down to Belden the snow
line droped to a little below 4000'. After getting back to
the car, and driving across the Belden Bridge, it started
snowing on the road, but wasn't sticking at that point. It
was about 6:30PM.

3/24/05 I counted 32 Downed trees across the trail 8" or
larger. from the Belden rest stop to Myrtle camp, about 7
miles up the trail. Snow line was about 4500'.