[pct-l] Why would a person want to hike the PCT ANYWAY!!!

WHY???? I enjoyed the post about two folks plannning to drop everything and
hike the PCT this year. In all my time around thru-hikers ,, I have never
met a person who did a thru-hike and later say, " What a waste of time THAT
turned out to be!!" Few ( If any) hikers regret their choice of doing the
PCT.
     I visit a few old folks in rest homes a few times a year and have never
heard anyone says that they wish they would have worked more and traveled
less.... Hiking is great for the mind and the body and you can't buy that on
a VISA card!!!!    Monte " Baron of the Rain Forest" Dodge