[pct-l] Aqua Mira

I've been using Aqua Mira for years and have never tasted it in my
water. Why? I think it's because I use a hydration system, hence my nose
is never involved in "tasting" the water. Here's evidence: On a trip to
the Sierras with my brother, we both used Aqua Mira. I was using my
Platypus system, as usual, but he was using a wide-mouth Nalgene bottle.
He almost always tasted it when he drank, but I never did. At first I
thought he was just taunting me since he was tired of hearing me
constantly praising the merits of Aqua Mira, but then he commented one
day that he noticed that whenever his water bottle was completely full
he couldn't taste the Aqua Mira. You can draw your own conclusions, but
mine is that the taste is entirely or almost entirely produced from the
chlorine dioxide gas released from the water, and not from the water
itself. This should be an easy experiment to try out yourselves.
Solutions?Platypus bag, nose clip, allowing the chlorine dioxide gas to
escape from container before drinking, acquiring a smell for chlorine
dioxide, or, as others have suggested, using a filter instead.
-Ron