[pct-l] Re: PCT Hiker Charter Inquiry

I just wanted to give Donna a big hand of applause in her efforts to
coordinate the details regarding a Green Tortoise charter.  It's great to
know there are people out there like the Saufleys looking out for us hikers
while we're out on the trail.  If the conditions force us to make a jump
for Canada, I'd definitely go along with a group charter.  It would be a
lot of fun.

Oh, just so the rest of you interested potential charterers know... I'm one
of the kids that likes to ride in the back of the bus and shoot spit wads
at the bus driver.  So you'll want to keep your heads down.  Just in case
this concerns you, I do tend to refrain from giving BA's out the window.
I'll only go so far these days.  My butt just isn't what it used to be.  ; )

Thanks again Donna,
Ken Davis

means of moving a group of hikers up to the northern terminus if needed.
At a hypothetical $1,200 per day, for three days, for 35 hikers, it would
come out in the ball park of $102 per head to get to Canada (this is a VERY
loose estimate based on the numbers provided).  The advantage seems to be
the comfort and comraderie that the GT coaches would afford (check out the
link).

> www.greentortoise.com/sleeper.coaches.html
>
> Anyway, we'll just see what happens.  I am hoping for all of you who have
their hearts set on a continous north-bound hike this year that this is all
unnecessary contingency information . . .