From: dsaufley@sprynet.com
Sent: Mar 26, 2005 5:42 PM
To: dave bale <gtdriverdave@yahoo.com>
Cc: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Re: PCT Hiker Charter Inquiry

Dave,

Thank you very much for sharing this information -- it's much appreciated, especially given the vague information I gave you to work work with!

We will probably wind up with a two- or three-week window before the departure date.  Some hikers, too, have suggested that Tehachapi might be a better pick-up spot (which would be fewed "dead" miles as you've described).

The bulk of the northbound group of hikers typically gets here in late May.  By the time they get here, we'll with greater certainty what the Sierra snow pack is going to be like, and whether they're going to hike on or skip to Canada or elsewhere north.  I will contact you when I have more concrete information, so that we can see if a Green Tortoise trip may be possible for those so inclined.  While Greyhound and Amtrak are alternatives, I believe a Green Tortoise trip will make it a memorable part of the adventure, and would certainly be my preference given the choice.

We'll see what the weather brings -- thanks again for taking the time to respond.

-=Donna Saufley=-